This new project Community’s RISE (Resilience In SLR Education), uses a holistic strategy to increase communities’ awareness of sea-level rise impacts along the Gulf.
The Community’s RISE project will enable residents and municipalities to prepare for current and future flood risks and associated sea-level rise hazards.
It will work to support enhanced resilience via three avenues, thought of as the legs of a stool:
- Connect municipal officials with informed constituents who want to actively support sea-level rise resilience activities (Connection Dialogues)
- Increase capacity for science and social studies high school educators to include a solutions-focused sea-level rise curriculum in their courses (SLR in the Classroom)
- Increase awareness of sea-level rise and associated risks among sectors of the community previously unengaged in sea-level rise science and resilience (Pop-Ins)
- Past Community Connection Dialogues
- Pensacola, Florida – Tuesday, May 3, 2022 from 5:30PM – 7:30PM.
- Santa Rosa County, Florida – Thursday, May 12, 2022 from 5:30PM – 7:30PM.
- Dixie County, Florida – Tuesday, September 6, 2022 from 5:30PM – 7:30PM.
- Mobile, Alabama – Tuesday, October 20, 2022 from 5:30PM – 7:30PM.
- Ocean Springs, Mississippi – Monday, January 23, 2023 from 5:30PM – 7:30PM
- Coming Soon…
- Biloxi, Mississippi
- Gulfport, Mississippi
- Dates for Pop-Ins TBD