Learn about sea-level rise & flood resilience in your own community!
Community Connection Dialogues are 2-hour long evening events sponsored by PLACE:SLR that are hosted in communities throughout the Northern Gulf of Mexico. These events are designed to introduce residents about the basics of sea-level rise and changing flood risk while also highlighting ongoing flood resilience actions being taken by each community.
Residents who attend can learn more about:
- What is the science behind sea-level rise and changing flood conditions?
- How will changing flood conditions impact your local community?
- What actions can be taken to be more resilient to future flooding?
- What additional resources are available to learn more and stay informed about ongoing resilience discussions?
Past Community Connection Dialogues
- Pensacola, Florida – Tuesday, May 3, 2022 from 5:30PM – 7:30PM.
- Santa Rosa County, Florida – Thursday, May 12, 2022 from 5:30PM – 7:30PM.
- Dixie County, Florida – Tuesday, September 6, 2022 from 5:30PM – 7:30PM.
- Mobile, Alabama – Tuesday, October 20, 2022 from 5:30PM – 7:30PM.
- Ocean Springs, Mississippi – Monday, January 23, 2023 from 5:30PM – 7:30PM
- Biloxi, Mississippi – Wednesday, May 3, 2023 from 5:30PM – 7:30PM
- Coming Soon…
- Walton County, Florida
- Foley, Alabama